Ulcerative colitis, or UC, is a condition that affects the large intestine by causing inflammation and ulcers in the lining. It mainly affects the lower digestive tract. It can affect the entire colon, or only a segment of the lower digestive tract, such as the rectum. In general, the larger portion of the colon that’s affected, the worse the symptoms will be.
Reasons to Participate in Clinical Research
Participating in a clinical research trial can sometimes be overwhelming and intimidating but here are some reasons on how you can make a difference:
- You have the opportunity to learn more about your condition.
- Your quality may improve.
- You have access to new medication and procedures before they are widely available.
- You will have access to physicians without having to wait months for an appointment.
- You do not need insurance to receive medical care.
- You may be compensated for your participation.
Apply to Be Considered for a Clinical Research Trial
Our Clinical Research team is dedicated to helping patients struggling with a variety of digestive health disorders discover new and innovative treatment options. Clinical research trials are the very heart of medical advances, giving many patients the hope they need and the chance to greatly improve their quality of life. From cutting-edge drug therapies to ground-breaking procedures, Southern Star Research Institute is transforming the lives of thousands of patients.
We are currently enrolling clinical research trials for Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, C Diff, and Eosinophilic Esophagitis.